"No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys." ~Doug Horton

Thursday, April 1, 2010

coming undone at the seams....

I am convinced that the difference between the girl who wears a dress and the dress that wears a girl... is a seamstress and of course confidence.   There are so many great sales but often they are on sale for a reason.  SO... make friends with your seamstress!!! Or better yet take a sewing class (on my "to do" wish list). If you find yourself saying, "I would love this but the pockets are too bulky"...have them removed.  If it is too long... have it shortened. If it needs to be fitted to your body type... then have it fitted.  If something does not fit you the correct way then you do not feel confident... and if it is too tight please put it in the trash or back in the closet!!  I just racked up on savings at old navy.  The summer dresses are $15-$20!!! Great fabric, great ideas and a cheap china (or wherever) manufacturer that just did not make it "great."  I took them to a seamstress and had the pockets removed (the pockets just added bulky material around my waist, where I did not need it).  It cost me $5 (plus the original $20) and looks great.  I also have empire waists shortened so that it is an empire waist and not the hemline that extends to the top of your natural waist line.  I have a crazy rib cage and that cut just does not work for me, but they love it at Jcrew and I love Jcrew!!! And I have dresses shortened... not age inappropriate but not tea length... This is a length often on sale because it is extremely unflattering on most!! So come undone at the seams and add your special touch to a new dress or a dress in your closet. You will look great and feel confident... because it was made for you!!  Oh and while you are there you can drop off or pick up the dry cleaning... multitasking is such a important part of being CEOofMyHouse. 

Have a beautiful day

1 comment:

  1. Just cleaned out my closet after reading this..too tight,faded,worn or out of style!!

    ReplyDelete