"No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys." ~Doug Horton

Monday, April 26, 2010

Bright Ideas

I am constantly amazed at everyday inventions that make our lives so easy.  When "why didn't I think of that" crosses my mind... It often makes me wonder who did!! For example I was thinking about the fitted sheet and I looked it up... Giselle Jubinville, a Canadian,  invented the fitted sheet in 1990!! YES... 1990!! I was so amazed at this fact and how new the invention was that I thought is was definitely blog worthy.  A major linen company paid her $1 million for her idea.  Your ideas could be great too!!

Have a beautiful day

2 comments:

  1. Since I was in college quite a few years before 1990 and used fitted sheets then, looked a little further and found that Bertha Berman, an African American had originally invented the fitted sheet in 1959..They never fit properly and always popped off on one corner or during the night while you were sleeping! Giselle Jubinville did indeed invent the one that fitted the matress and is known as the deep pocket fitted sheet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes Giselle had a very hard time getting the patent because there were over 100 versions of the fitted sheet. She drove to D.C. with her version to show that this was patent worthy because it actually fit :) Good for all of these women :)

    ReplyDelete