"No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys." ~Doug Horton

Monday, April 5, 2010

Bathroom Etiquitte

The smallest room in the house seems to require the most attention.  As CEO of the house we keep the toilet, sink, tub, tile, fixtures, and floors clean... and delegate the "little" things that should be done by everyone in the house such as... pick the towels off the floor, put the dirty clothes in the hamper (not beside the hamper but in the hamper), taking the empty TP roll off and replacing it with a new one (not just leaving it out), flush the toilet (not a fan of little surprises... but it happens), put grooming products back in the cabinet (or wherever they live), close the shower curtain (this prevents mold), use the trash can, if you trim your hair over the sink wipe it off with a little water, put toothbrush back in the holder, and please put the toilet seat down if you lift it.  "little things make big things happen."  The man of "this" house is pretty good about doing his part but I still find myself doing a lot of it day after day.  We are like starting a new business (family).  Right now I can do most of it by myself but when this business starts to grow (i.e. pets and/or children) and responsibilities grow... one person can not do it by her/his self.  As CEO I should feel comfortable asking for help and delegating responsibilities... even though this is difficult for me!! I trust my partner and know that we are constantly working together to build a successful business with big bonuses and great benefits :)
Have a beautiful day!!

1 comment:

  1. I always appreciate the small things that people do!! Little things mean a lot!!

    ReplyDelete