"No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys." ~Doug Horton

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

little miss sunshine

I got bogged down with settling in, learning my way around, moving 3 times in the last year, new jobs, new friends, new relationship, new responsibilities... Finally I am going to come up for air.  With everything changing the only thing constant was "nesting" and it is a lovely but dangerous comfort zone.  I am no stranger to moving and have been lucky to find good friends in each place that I have lived.  I am from Georgia (three different towns and college), lived in Paris, moved to Salt Lake City, and now live in California.  I moved to "his" town and miss my family and friends from all across the US very much.  I found that because I got so wound up in being CEO of my house I forgot to make time for my"self" and relationships with friends.  I love the CEO of his business very much and I enjoy being with him most of the time(we both work from home)... but taking time to nurture other relationships is very important as well and I pushed that to the side.  As CEO of my house I choose to invest in my"self" which in turn will raise the stock of this business... It is amazing how an hour or two girl talk can snap you right back into shape. You can't make others happy if you are not happy... So it is important to keep your"self" happy.  In honor of Sex and the City coming out at the end of the month... I would just like to say thank you to all of my girlfriends (especially mom)!! Thank you for being wonderful!!! Please come visit or if you live in this town... Let's have lunch!!! 
"And remember, no matter where you go, there you are."  ~Confucius

Have a beautiful day

No comments:

Post a Comment