"No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys." ~Doug Horton

Monday, May 24, 2010

out and about for a little retail therapy

We have decided to have a Memorial Day BBQ which means that I get to plan, organize, decorate and shop.  I love being creative and most of all I love a great excuse to shop.  I love shopping.  I love to look, to find great deals and I love the interaction with people in the different places that I visit.   For example, people at the grocery store give great tips and some look at me like... "is she really going to cook that successfully?"  I am completely consumed with anything for puppy right now... so I could listen for hours at PetCo about dog food (and I have).  And the trick to retail are skinny mirrors and a great sales person telling you just how fabulous you look in everything (even though you do not).  And we all know that a department store that has chose to use FLORESCENT LIGHTING can ruin your whole day so beware!!! I once said that I think everyone should work at a McDonalds and although I have never worked there I still think everyone should... at least for a day.  First for the experience... but most importantly because it is a well oiled machine that is constantly being simplified.  Whatever the experience, I just really enjoy being around a mix of people.  So I have my list of stores to visit and my menu made for the week.  Its time to shop till I drop or I have exceeded my budget. 

Have a beautiful day

No comments:

Post a Comment