"No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys." ~Doug Horton

Monday, March 22, 2010

Simple Surprises

Set up blog, registered domain names and now have writers block... Murphy's law and the story of my life. 

Simple Surprises...
Yesterday we went to cooking class at Sur la Table.  May I recommend this to anyone.  You get to cook, interact with great people and eat!! When I first became CEO of this house, I did not know how to poach an egg... or really make breakfast unless it was a bowl of cereal (still my favorite).  My fiance loves breakfast and his favorite thing... poached egg on a muffin.  Scared of failure and the egg, I said "I am not going to poach an egg... you can make your own breakfast."  A few days later he was in the kitchen teaching me how to poach an egg and it is not scary at all!!! It is surprisingly easy.  So yesterday... we made crab Benedict with lime infused hollandaise and most of the people in my class did not know how to poach an egg. While watching my fiance teach our classmates as he taught me... It reminded me of how much I have learned and how much more there is to learn about running this household.  I do make breakfast, lunch and dinner almost everyday and I enjoy breakfast most of all. 

Poaching an Egg
Fill a shallow frying pan with water and over high heat bring to a boil
Once you see bubbles turn heat to medium high
add tbsp of white vinegar
crack an egg into a bowl and pour gently into pan (repeat if you want... i usually put 2 eggs in at a time)
set clock for 3 minutes (for runny)
take out with a slotted spoon and absorb water from underneath the spoon with towel or paper towel (so you do not have a soggy English muffin)

No comments:

Post a Comment