"No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys." ~Doug Horton

Thursday, March 25, 2010

home improvements...our little sanctuary

Spring has sprung and luckily we both love to be with friends and BBQ.   This year we have a new house with a huge patio/garden so let the entertaining begin.  We had a small budget and most was spent on the grill... so DYI on a shoestring :)  The table with four chairs and a fire pit is already there and the rest is a blank canvas.  The two major problems... limited seating and no light after sunset.  So I went to Target :) I found a string of lights for outdoor use and I used them to line the perimeter of the garden.   I neatly tucked them behind the foliage or brick so they would not show.  At $11.69 a strand this was a great idea and I only needed two strands!! Result... relaxing, dimly lit, romantic, everyone looks good, lighting!! There is a pile of bricks that line the wall and create a nice foundation on their own so I decided to turn this into a seating area. I bought a chair cushion and garden pillows and there you have it... a lovely bench seating area!! My fiance has a green thumb and when he added the finishing touches of an orchid, some side tables from storage and green moss... Voila! It is our little sanctuary.  Not only do we BBQ and entertain but we enjoy breakfast and/or lunch here practically every day. 

Notice the lighting in the bottom of the plants in the first two pictures...

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful and what a nice place to have breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete